Skip to main content

Another week of catch up

Dick is back after a week at Java One, so now our routines should be back to normal, and I might just get to post my pictures every day instead of once a week! Last week I seem to have taken pictures of my garden quite a lot!

.. this one looks like a thistle, and has multiple heads.



...I have a new plant (whose name totally escapes me right now). It has beautiful flowers that the hummingbirds love.



On Wednesday, I went for a walk in downtown San Jose and found that the Tied House brewery had closed! I later found out that they had decided to close the San Jose restaurant because it is too big. They have just kept their Mountain View branch.



On Thursday the Luis Maria Peralta Adobe was hosting a school visit..



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morgan Hill Friday and Saturday

This past weekend was one of those amazingly busy Morgan Hill weekends. It all starts with the Friday night music series. Everyone sitting around with their chairs or blankets at the small outdoor amphitheater behind the Community and Cultural Center watching and/or dancing to the live band. Everything from country to R and B, Blues or Rock and Roll. I've now come to prefer this location to the old 3rd street location- it just makes so much more sense. Saturday morning I joined the Morgan Hill Photography Club for the 2nd annual Scott Kelby Worldwide Photo Walk. 32,600 people took part in their own cities. We basically wandered through the downtown area taking lots of photos. It was very hot and I didn't find the perfect picture but it was fun all the same. My favorite pictures turned out to be the ones of people.. I still got to go to the market- my favorite Saturday morning "chore"... We then spent a couple of hours pulling my new motorbike apart and making absolut...

Travelling to Kauai

So this week, my blog entries will also be a diary of my holiday in Kauai, and a photo or two, although most of the photos will probably be on my Flickr page. We left home yesterday early from San Jose airport, which was not a pleasant experience- one word sums it up- queues! We only just made the plane and arrived at the airport over an hour and a half before the flight. The flight was on Hawaiian Air, and they too, are squeezing every penny they can, from having to pay to check any bags, to renting headsets and movie players on board. The flight was a long one; extra time for strong headwinds meant a 6 hour flight just to Honolulu. We did make the connection in time and the 30 minute flight to Kauai was so short it was laughable. It was also really windy in Kauai but it was warm and slightly humid with partly cloudy skies. Perfect. We arrived at the rental home a few hours before Joel and Stevie and found out very quickly why they love it so much here: and the view from the house was...

Corks

I started collecting wine corks a little while ago. For no particular reason. Then I decided I could make something out of them. Right now I have them in an over-sized margarita glass. They are fun to take photos of!